Wednesday 25 June 2008

New Tour!

I made a new tour of my digs. I felt like I should given I've been here and settled in.



It's hard to say exactly what about Korean culture allows this to be the case but I love that I can take my clothes to the dry cleaner (only a block away, she also made the curtains) and give only my apartment number and know that I will get my dry cleaning. There's such honesty and simplicity in the transaction. No receipt, nothing. I also have two small, independent grocery stores within walking distance and a mountain. Ignoring the absence of friends, family and veggie burgers it's pretty great. Sadly, I have to start thinking about what I'll do when I go back to America. What will I do? Will I find a job? Where will I live? Will I have to teach English forever because noone will hire me for anything more exciting than temping at a law firm? It's scary and is weighing on me a bit more these days.

No comments: