Tuesday 29 July 2008

I Could Go To the Dark Side

I'm watching the CBS Evening News for the first time in over a year. They did a special on the McCain Campaign. Because of my first internship I actually know several of the high muckety-mucks in the campaign (Rick Davis and Carla Eudy) featured in the news story. I find this extremely disturbing. If I didn't live in Korea, if I didn't know in my heart of hearts that McCain is not the better candidate, I could actually leverage my intern experience to get a job. Weird.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow cool, what internship was this?

-tony

Wooster said...

The Reform Institute. It's a 503(c) founded by McCain that addresses (what at least were) his more progressive concerns like campaign and voting reform.

CapnSunkist said...

suck it up and get the job!

Anonymous said...

Oh I know all about the Reform Institute. They were funded pretty much entirely by large donations from companies with business before McCain's Commerce Committee while he chaired it. And it paid the salary for the McCain presidential team in the interregnum. McCain even fired Davis after one particularly embarassing/public shakedown of a company testifying before the Commerce Committee.

Not to say they haven't done good work. I'm finding the world of campaign finance non-profits is a complicated and competitive place.

-t

Unknown said...

Take the job and bring them down from the inside!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.