Thursday 28 February 2008

The Semester is Ending



I've realized that I can determine which students have moms I would want to punch based on their response to my assignments. If I give my students anything arty or that cannot be seen as directly leading to the suffocation of spirituality and creativity, it will be shot down by the bitchmoms. Seriously. There are moms that will tell their kids not to bother with anything that isn't a dispiriting worksheet. When I finally write the book "How I Would Raise Your Children" I'm going to publish a Korean edition that specifically addresses some of the parenting habits here.

I know that a lot is cultural but there's a limit. Slapping your child won't make him or her smarter so why do it if you want them to learn more? *sigh* I need to get over my anger at what I see as bad parenting since I'll surely lose my mind in an environment like this. I can't wait to learn enough Korean to start trouble;)

4 comments:

CapnSunkist said...

sounds like you're going to have your own kids then. as you know, if you don't then your book will not have any credibility! HA HA!

Anonymous said...

arielle, quite to the contrary. The best part of "How I would raise YOUR kids" is that it has nothing to do with "my kids". Gentry with kids... hehe, that'd be interesting.

Oh, in case I haven't told you yet Gentry, I too now am a teacher again. Good ole' grad school, $40,000 in debt later and I'm basically back where I started ;)

CapnSunkist said...

I disagree - in raising YOUR kids, then implication is that she can do it better. Most will want her to put her money where her mouth or other pertinent parts are.

Wooster said...

I would say that while Arielle is correct and I *should* have kids before writing such a book it would wholly be my intent, for both convenience and humor reasons, to not reproduce in preparation for writing this book.:)