Thursday 7 February 2008

What is the Point?

It is mornings like these that make me reconsider the whole of my academic and intellectual pursuits. I am trying to find a Korean language class out of deference to my host country and I cannot. The sites I have found are either 1) un-navigable 2) in Korean or 3) only offer courses when all of normal society is at their goddamned jobs. Now, I ask you, after all I have been through, is this really fair? After all the effort I have put forth, is this the best I can hope for? To be aggravated by crappy websites in a foreign country with coworkers who do nothing but complain about how bad everyone else at work is? Why, I have to ask, have I not more seriously considered the career of serial killer?

Here is a brief list of benefits which I do not enjoy now but would as a serial killer:

*Self-employment
*No taxation
*Choose my own hours
*No occupational pre-requisites/degrees
*Enormous vacation package
*Simple success metric
*Advancement in field threatened only by authorities, size of population
*No language barrier issues
*Opportunities for fame, book deals, movie, chance to be played by someone significantly hotter than me
*Endless location possibilities

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will get Rosetta Stone to you ASAP. I have to admit I never thought about the "benefits" of being a serial killer; however, let me point out that GUILT would be very detrimental to one's mental health!

D

Steven said...

I notice that "income" is not on that list.

Wooster said...

Income and MO are significantly linked. 'Nuff said.