Wednesday 27 August 2008

Teaching at an English Academy is Nothing Like Oz

I report, with a slight twinge of regret, that The Arsonist did not shank my coworker today. It's not that I want anyone to die (at least not any more than usual), it's just that I find the idea of some sort of prison riot at work mildly amusing.

It's the end of the semester and a lot of things will be moving around. I probably won't be teaching any of the students that I started with 10 months ago, which makes me really sad. I've gotten to watch a subset of our students really grow in every sense because children develop so quickly and soon they'll be whisked up to the 7th floor. I'm sure I'll get other interesting students in their stead but the occasions where I'm able to see measurable progress with my students are some of the most rewarding.

No comments: