Tuesday 25 March 2008

Epiphanies

I just had a horrible and sudden realization: iTunes is dangerous. I've been enjoying some wine and reading a website of passive-aggressive notes while listening to NPR. I realized that when you have iTunes and alcohol all those songs you wouldn't normally consider purchasing are a very real possibility. NPR played a song that I mildly enjoyed a little over a year ago in part of a piece and I burst into song and had a momentary flash of wanting to hear the whole song followed by the thought that I could easily purchase it instantly.[1]



My goals for Korea:
1. Some proficiency in Korean
2. Norebang (Korean karaoke)
3. DVD bang (You rent a room to watch a DVD, gotta be better than renting a video)
4. Japan for my birthday!!!
5. Stuff
6. Things
7. Junk

[1] I totally just bought the song.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Want to know about something else dangerous, perhaps more dangerous than itunes on its own?

I now listen to WBER (yey Rochester radio station!) at work. WBER has set up this thing where you can get an up-to-the-minute (well, when their DJs are competent enough to update it) playlist of what is on the radio. That playlist has links to purchase the songs from itunes or amazon. I've been good so far. Instead of buying them, I've been keeping a list of what I want to buy. It is now 30 songs/albums long....