Tuesday 11 March 2008

Immolation is a Girl's Best Friend

We got a new teacher! He's from Canada, eh! This is thrilling because we're always nervous about having enough staff and one of our guys is departing in April so it's nice to have someone in early. The new guy is nice. He's the third Joe to be at work, though, so I'm trying to come up with a non-Joe name. I threw out "Kitten Tits" as a potential nickname and got nowhere...I can't figure it out.

Anyways, we he was meeting some friends in a bar in Nowon (nearby neighborhood) and opened the invitation to people at work. I was generally tempted because I rarely go out during the week, only slightly less rarely on the weekend, and I like to be sociable with the new people and be welcoming. I was specifically tempted when I was told the bar is called "Dragon Bar" and features a fire show.

Oh. Hells. Yes.

It was fabulous. Low key and yet wonderful with a Cocktail inspired booze show, sparklers, fire-breathing, and juggling. This bar also possesses the most ghetto bathroom I've been in since arriving in Korea. Pictures of highlights below (I knew I should have my camera).







As my coworker noted: sometime in the past something deeply disturbing occurred in this bathroom....

No comments: