Thursday 24 April 2008

Fire: The Absence of Comeuppance

The student who set fire to a quiz received no comeuppance whatsoever. How awesome is that? Because, clearly, punishing a child with discipline problems when he burns something at school would be absurd. I can only assume that if I had actually gotten an Ed. degree I would understand my ridiculous, naive, nay, childish belief that some measure of response from the administration was necessary.

It is a good thing that I'm self-motivated because work is totally failing to provide any measure of positive reinforcement (I know, I'm obsessed). I decided to spend the evening relaxing and am watching a borrowed copy of because [sic] I said so. I assumed it would be a brainless romantic comedy but it is focused very heavily on the search for a husband. So, yes, brainless; but how tiresome and simultaneously depressing.

No comments: