Tuesday 8 April 2008

Superpowers

My grade 2 kids had to write a journal entry about what they would do if they could have a super power. One of my students wrote that she would have the power to be protected from flames and said that she would do things like save Namdaemun from fire. Quite a peek into the Korean psyche.

I'm going to plan a curriculum for our summer intensive courses. Right now I plan on proposing one based on Lynn Truss's Eats, Shoots & Leaves but if anyone can think of anything that would be great to run as a month-long English course based on a single novel or book please let me know.

PS: One of my TOEFL students presented me with a photo of a sausage on her cell phone in attempt to get credit for the "eat a ham" homework assignment. I reminded her that she needed to make a one page write-up for it to qualify.

1 comment:

Maria said...

maybe u could use an online comic? not questionable content (bc it sucks and has sex) but maybe mows?