Sunday 16 December 2007

Games You Can Play: Seoul Edition

You're White: Let's Talk!
Hello! Nothing More
Where Do I Live?
Stupid Foreigner
Your Korean? It sucks.


In other news: I am imposing my musical will upon two different classes! Muahahahaha! I'm living in my own private delusion of being considered the "cool" teacher by having the students listen to a mix I made for their Listening course. I realize that won't be the case but until next week, when they have had a chance to listen to the songs, I'm cool.

The next project I am considering: having the students correct the English on lolcat macros. Tell me that wouldn't be pretty fun.

I was saddened today to realize that my teaching has almost no effect on student output or understanding. My most retarded (in the dictionary sense) class has been steadily improving on their vocabulary test scores in the past few weeks, since I began adjusting the homework to increase the amount they practice their vocabulary. I thought, perhaps, I was actually being a good teacher but a brief chat with one of the students today indicates that they were just lazy as hell and they are now bothering to study under threat of death by their mothers. Little bastards.

No comments: