Tuesday 4 December 2007

Time Flies!

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted!
Work has been a bit more harried because we are in transition between teachers and schedules. Saturday I spent most of the day out, first at a wedding and then socializing with coworkers and former coworkers til the wee hours. It was most educational! Sunday I was inspired to and obsessed with learning to make origami roses and it was so peaceful and zen-like once I actually learned the process I lost track of time. Really, I understand why the art of paper folding blossomed in Japan. It can produce an amazing sense of calm.

I was a very lucky girl yesterday!



I have footage of a discussion of the particulars of the weddings and culture but I am going to work on a better write-up as I want to select my words carefully so as to avoid leaving the impression that I am judging. I realized that I referred to something as "weird" and what I feared was that the fact that I fully recognize that it is from a single, Western perspective and do not mean it is either bad or good, is not apparent. More to come once I get myself in order.

No comments: