Thursday 13 December 2007

Go Team Pirate!



So...I recorded myself opening the latest box but it got mushy and then I recorded another discussion but got all teary and gave up. I'm a bit down these days about not having local friends and having about 95% less contact with friends and family so it just wasn't coming out right. Anyways, I'm still amassing a special boxing box and the opening video will be in there.

The box was filled with lovely things but what truly made me happy was the towel. It took forever to place it...I wanted to be able to see it from every part of the apartment but that is impossible so it is where I spend most of my time, making me smile.

I'm very glad the week is almost over! Work has been OK but my energy is just not where and when and how I want it to be. On the way home today I was trying to explain this Jim Breuer stand-up routine where he explains the way to confuse a stoner. You just have to ask one question: What were we just talking about? I've searched desperately for a clip and failed to find it. It sums up what some of my classes are like.

In other news: One of the "special reading" classes has a Time for Kids article on squirrels and I'm campaigning to have the instructor do something involving squirrel fishing but I mostly get odd looks. I have some very fond squirrel-related memories. Most especially from last year's Vericon attempt to catch a squirrel the old-fashioned, Hannah-Barbarra way of propping up a box with bait in it and pulling a string once the quarry had gone inside. Never was success met with such surprised paralysis. I don't think we ever thought seriously about what to do if it worked and the squirrel got away. It was huge. Like, two feet long. Massive. With eyes like lasers.

No comments: