Wednesday 21 November 2007

Mid-Week Hodge Podge

Today I find myself starting to wonder if I'll be forgotten in my absence. I know it's probably absurd but somehow I find it hard to believe that, outside of my family, my absence is felt at all. I don't know why, it is a lasting sense of being forgettable that has followed me many places. Maybe this is why people build things...
Who was I? I was the guy who put this damned giant obelisk/park/statue/horrible work of abstract public art in the middle of this traffic circle! You will acknowledge me with every awkward vehicular interaction you have within my domain! Late for work? It was I!
We live on in the lives of those we touch...or utterly inconvenience.

In other news: I bet you'd like to know how much fruit $5 (5,000 won) can buy you in my neighborhood! Behold!

These little citrus fruits are a staple of daily life here, at least in my neighborhood, and it's wonderful. I tried a persimmon for the first time today and I am sad to report that, for a fruit with such an alluring and beautiful name, they are not particularly tasty. Perhaps if I were to pluck one from the tree myself at the height of whatever persimmon season is it would be delicious.

Lastly, I sent an email to NPR nominating myself to be on Wait...Wait...Don't Tell Me! before leaving for work this morning.

No comments: