Tuesday 27 November 2007

The Sniffles: Week Two (Strange Things One Does When Ill)


Last night I built a model of the Sutro Tower in San Francisco. Some of you know why, others don't. It makes little difference but a part of the set up includes a zombie statue the Captain of the Pittsburgh Department of Zombie Disposal gave me when I left (to remind me of the constant threat of post-mortem animation both at home and abroad*). It glows in the dark and, well, it's a li'l creepy and I wrote a poem in parody of one of my favorite poems by Shel Silverstein:
There's a zombie there,
On my frigidaire,
He stands and stares, too dumb to care.
With his fist on a flag,
And his eyes on the prize,
He reeks of old brains,
Is attracting the flies.
He glows in the dark,
He's guarding the tower,
He's there on a lark,
And could use a shower.
But, all the same,
If he's thinking of brains,
He ought not be there,
Causing a scare,
That zombie on there,
On my frigidaire.


*They're jealous of our precious cerebrums!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That totally ousts:

Teddy thought it was a hat
And so he put it on.
Now daddy's saying:
"Where the heck's the toilet plunger gone?"

as my favorite Silverstein poem. ;D

CapnSunkist said...

I preferred Jack Prelutsky's
homework o homework i hate you, you stink
i wish i could wash you away in the sink
if only a bomb would xplode u 2 bits
hw o hw youre giving me fits
id rather take baths alone w a shark or wrestle a lion alone in the dark, eat spinich & liver, pet 10 procupines than tackle the hw my teacher assigns
hw o hw youre last on my list, i simply dont see y u even exist.
if u just disapeared it'd tickle me pink, hw o hw i hate u, u stink!

(as typed hopefully correctly-ish after the cortizone shot!! ;)